I’m looking for my father Ben Bogart from Hamburg - Germany

Speciaal voor degenen die op zoek zijn naar oud-collega's.
Plaats reactie
Hans Morbeque

I’m looking for my father Ben Bogart from Hamburg - Germany

Bericht door Hans Morbeque »

My name is Hans Morbeque (Moorbeck) Alves, I was born on the august 1, 1971, Salvador da Bahia in Brazil. I’m looking for my German father from Hamburg, his name is Ben Bogart (or Bogard).

Afbeelding

My (now deceased) mother Maria Jose Alves told me that my father possibly was a captain on a ship which offers help to others ships on sea. (bugsier reederei?) His ship regularly anchored in the port of Salvador.

My parents met in 1969/1970 on the square “praça da sé” in the historic city centre of Salvador. Shortly after my mother got pregnant with me. The last time I saw my father I was only 3 years of age, we sadly never saw him again.

My father Ben Bogart must be somewhere around 65-70 years of age. I would like to get in contact with him. Every form of information is welcome.

With kind regards,

Hans Morbeque
hansmorbequealves@yahoo.com

Ruud (R.I.P.)

Re: I’m looking for my father Ben Bogart from Hamburg - Germ

Bericht door Ruud (R.I.P.) »

Ahoy Hans,
Have you tried on German sites as well,to find out :?:
Nowadays most Germans[especially ex seaman] do speak English as well.

http://forum-schiff.de/phpBB3/

http://suche.seeleute.net/portal.php

or even try the Bugsier site:

http://www.bugsier.de/index.php

This could be your message in German:

Mein Name ist Hans Morbeque (Moorbeck) Alves, ich war geboren am 1. August 1971, Salvador da Bahia in Brasilien.
Ich suche meinen deutschen Vater von Hamburg, sein Name ist Ben Bogart (oder Bogard).
Meine (jetzt verstorben) Mutter Maria Jose Alves erklärte mir,dass mein Vater vielleicht ein Kapitän auf einem Schiff war,und bot seine Hilfe anderen Schiffe zu helfen, auf Meer. (bugsier reederei?)
Sein Schiff war regelmäßig vor Anker im Hafen von Salvador.
Meine Eltern trafen sich in 1969/1970 auf dem quadratischen „praça da sé“ im historischen Stadtzentrum von Salvador.
Kurz nachdem, meine Mutter war schwanger von mir.
Das letzte Mal, das ich meinen Vater sah, war ich nur 3 Jahre alt,leider, sah Ich ihn nie wieder.
Mein Vater Ben Bogart muss jetzt irgendwo herum 65-70 Jahre sein.
Ich möchte gerne Kontakt mit ihm erhalten.
Jede Form der Informationen ist willkommen.
Mit freundlichem Respekt, Hans Morbeque.

hansmorbequealves@yahoo.com
Hans Morbeque

Thank you very much Ruud, your help is very appreciated!

With some help I already published my message on several German sites. I only received few responses so far. There was one German who mentioned "Die Bugsier-, Reederei- und Bergungsgesellschaft". He said that it was the only German tugboat company which sailed in Brazilian waters back then.
I have already send a message + photo to the Bugsier company, I hope they can confirm that my father once worked for them. I also searched for crew lists via Google, but there is very little available on the net.
I'm also going to contact CODEBA, the port of Salvador. Maybe they have a register of German ships which anchored in 1968/1969.

Hans.
Hans Morbeque

ok, just received a response from Bugsier. It seems that there aren't any documents available from that period of time which proofs he ever worked there. They also spoke to the oldest sea men who are still working there, no one knows him. :(
I guess he never worked there.

Plaats reactie